These appetizers are also terrific for Christmas parties. Enjoy!
Don't Miss: Christmas Dinner Menus
Here are some of my favorite appetizer recipes for the holidays:
- Recipe for Ranch Deviled Eggs - Is there ever a time that deviled eggs aren't a good idea? I think not. Dry ranch salad dressing adds a zesty flavor to this recipe.
- Hummus Recipe - Why buy hummus when it's so easy to make your own, and you can control how much garlic you put in it. If your family likes garlic as much as mine, add another clove or two.
- Spinach Balls Recipe - This recipe has been around since my mother's 1950s era cookbooks, and it's still just as good. The sausage adds a zesty flavor to these spinach balls.
- Cocktail Meatballs with Jelly - Another retro recipe, these meatballs were a hit when my aunt first started making them in the '70s, and they're just as welcome at holiday parties today.
- Crab Dip Recipe - Splurge on the best-quality crab meat you can find for this dip - it's Christmas, after all. You will notice a big difference in flavor. If you can't find Old Bay seasoning, use a seafood seasoning.
- Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe - Large mushroom caps are filled with frozen spinach souffle (see? easy!), then topped with bread crumbs, garlic and cheese for a savory treat your family and friends will adore.
- Mexican Dip Recipe - This layered dip is made with lettuce, refried beans, salsa, guacamole, seasoned sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and black olives.
- Easy Deviled Eggs with Horseradish Mustard - This recipe for deviled eggs has a bit of a kick, thanks to the addition of horseradish mustard. Don't worry, though, it isn't overly spicy. If you're concerned, just add a little, taste and add more if you like.
- Hot Spinach Dip Recipe - This isn't your ordinary spinach dip. It's creamy, cheesy and full of layers of flavor, thanks to the addition of caramelized onions and bacon. Oh yeah - that was a good idea!
- Meatball Rolls - Pre-cooked frozen meatballs are wrapped with crescent dough, then baked, for this hearty appetizer that will please kids and adults alike.
- Spiced Pecans Recipe - These sweetly spiced nuts are sweet, but not cloying. They make a great munchie for Christmas parties.
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Tarts - Mini fillo pastry shells are the secret that makes this appetizer a snap to prepare. The sweet and creamy filling is guaranteed to be a hit with your guests.
- Spinach Pinwheels - Think the kids won't eat spinach? Think again. Buttery puff pastry surrounds a mixture of spinach, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in this savory appetizer. I sometimes make these pinwheels for dinner just to see the kids eat spinach.