For a lighter pie, use evaporated milk instead of the half and half.
Be sure to check out: Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
- 2/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz. can unsweetened pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2/3 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust, thawed according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chopped chocolate and butter on top of a double boiler and melt. Or, place in a small, heavy saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring constantly to keep the chocolate from burning. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl, and beat well. Add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, half and half, flour, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and mix well. Add the melted chocolate, and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the pumpkin filling into the thawed pie shell. Place on a jelly roll pan (compare prices) or a baking sheet with sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 40 minutes or until the custard is set. The pie will still be slightly jiggly. Let it cool completely before serving. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve the pie, topped with homemade whipped cream.
Don't Miss: Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe