Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a baking dish (do not overlap the chicken pieces). Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the olive oi and minced garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat until the garlic is light golden brown. Add the brown sugar. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture over the chicken pieces to coat well.
- Bake the chicken for 25 to 35 minutes until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F when tested with an instant read thermometer (compare prices).
Important note: If it looks like the garlic is starting to burn before the chicken is done, cover it with foil. And be sure to check the chicken for doneness at 25 minutes. You don't want to overcook it.
Don't Miss: Easy Chicken Recipes