I like to serve this barbecue chicken salad like a cobb salad, with all of the ingredients diced nicely and laid on top of the salad. I find this is more appealing to kids, because they can see exactly what is in the salad and reject or accept what they choose. This salad would also be nice topped with tortilla strips.
Don't Miss: How to Get Kids to Eat Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 10-12 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 3 grilled chicken breasts or 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2-3 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ranch salad dressing
- Chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces. I find this extra step to be well worth it. Everyone likes to be able to eat a salad without having to cut it or wrestle with big pieces of lettuce. Place the lettuce in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Mound the chicken on one fourth of the lettuce. Drizzle the barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Arrange the corn, onions and tomatoes next to the chicken on top of the lettuce. Drizzle with ranch dressing.
Don't Miss: Rotisserie Chicken Recipes