The key to keeping these bars soft and moist is not to overbake them. Check them at 20 or 21 minutes. If they are golden brown around the edges and firm to the touch in the middle, they're done.
Don't Miss: Brownies and Bar Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 16 bars
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish (compare prices).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add the flour, oats, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, flattening the top with a spatula, so that it is even.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Let the bars cool for 5 minutes before cutting.