Don't Miss: Seven Layer Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 36 kit kat bars
- 1 package crackers, such as Saltines (you won't need the whole package)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/4 cups brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Place a layer of crackers in the bottom, making sure that the dish is fully covered (if it isn't, break crackers in half to fit).
- Place butter, brown rice syrup, brown sugar and milk in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add graham cracker crumbs. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the syrup mixture over the crackers, smoothing over crackers with a spatula. Place a layer of crackers on top of the syrup, again breaking up crackers if necessary to fit.
- Top with remaining syrup and another layer of crackers, pressing down lightly, so the crackers are moistened with the syrup.
- Heat chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat or in the microwave on 50% power until melted. Pour over the top layer of crackers.
- Refrigerate the bars until the chocolate is set.
Don't Miss: Brownies and Bar Cookies They'll Love