Caramel Bars Recipe
These caramel bars make a great last-minute dessert for a party or potluck. Easy to make and easy to take with you, these caramel bars appeal to both kids and adults alike.
- 4-6 whole graham crackers
- 2 cups caramel pieces
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 cup chopped peanuts or pecans
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzel pieces
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with enough foil or waxed paper that it extends over the sides of the dish, forming a sleeve. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Place graham crackers in the bottom of the pan, breaking graham crackers if necessary to fit.
- Place caramel pieces and milk in a microwave-safe dish. Heat on high 1 minute. Stir and repeat until caramel pieces are completely melted. Pour caramel evenly over graham crackers.
- Sprinkle nuts, pretzel pieces and miniature chocolate chips over caramel layer.
- Refrigerate caramel bars until firm. To serve, lift caramel bars out of pan using foil sides. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 caramel bars.