Chocolate Caramel BarsThese chocolate caramel bars make a quick and easy dessert, because they start with a cake mix. If you like candy turtles, you will like these chocolate caramel brownies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 chocolate or German chocolate cake mix (18.25 oz.)
- 3/4 cup butter,melted
- 2/3 cup evapoarted milk, divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 14 oz. package individually-wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Beat cake mix, butter and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk together until smooth. Spread half of this batter into the prepared pan. Bake 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and the walnuts evenly over the cake mix layer.
- Melt the remaining 1/3 cup of milk with the caramels until smooth. Drizzle over the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread the other half of the batter on top. Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool completely, then cut into squares.
Bars and Squares RecipesChocolate Coconut Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Bars
Chocolate Pecan Bar Cookies
Date Nut Bars
Magic Cookie Bars
Seven Layer Bars
Crisp Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Coco-Nutty Tropical Treat Bars