Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Bars Recipe
These chocolate layer bars combine the flavors of coconut, chocolate and peanut butter in cookie bars that are perfect for bake sales, picnics, parties and more. If you like magic cookie bars
, you will undoubtedly like these chocolate peanut butter bars.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 24 bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 7 oz. sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 11 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the stick of butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish on the center rack of the oven. Let the butter melt, 2-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers evenly over the melted butter. Sprinkle the coconut over the graham crackers. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the coconut.
- Bake on the center rack for 20-25 minutes until the coconut turns golden brown.
- In a microwave-safe container, heat the chocolate chips and peanut butter on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and repeat until chocolate chips are completely melted. Pour over the coconut layer.
- Let the cookie bars cool at room temperature until the chocolate layer hardens and cools completely, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
Makes 24 chocolate layer cookie bars.