These homemade kit kat bars are supposed to taste like the popular candy bar of the same name. They do have the nice chocolatey crunch of a Kit Kat candy bar, but these bars have more of a salty-sweet flavor than the candy bar. The kids tell me they like the taste of these bars even better.
Don't Miss: Brownies and Bar Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 36-48 kit kat bars
- 60 buttery crackers, such as Keebler Club Crackers
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. Line with a layer of 20 crackers.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, sugars and milk together to a boil over medium heat. Stir in crushed graham crackers. Let boil 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the sugar mixture over the crackers. Cover with another layer of 20 crackers, pressing down lightly. Pour remaining syrup mixture over crackers, smoothing to coat.
- Top with the remaining crackers, pressing lightly.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe dish. Heat on high 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chips are melted. (Alternatively, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat.)
- Pour evenly over the top layer of crackers, making sure the crackers are completely covered.
- Refrigerate until kit kat bars are firm.
Don't Miss: Healthy Kit Kat Bars Recipe