Don't Miss: Favorite Brownies and Bar Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 36 servings
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- For the Filling:
- 5 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add flour to mixture just until it comes together as a dough. Turn out onto a floured board and knead a few times. Press into bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Let crust cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, beat eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together. Whisk in flour until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let lemon bars cool to room temperature. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Don't Miss: Lemon Pudding Cake Recipe