See also: Stir Fry Recipes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
marinating time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 43 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sherry
- 1 lb. beef sirloin, cut into thin strips against the grain
- 3 Tbsp. beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. peanut oil or canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry. Add the beef strips, and toss to coat well. Let the beef marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, oyster sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. It's important to make sure your pan is hot before you add the oil.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of the oil, let it get hot for a minute, then add the garlic. Stir fry for 20 seconds or so. Add the beef, stir frying 1-2 minutes until browned. Remove the beef to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the wok if the wok is dry, and add the broccoli and red peppers. Stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the pan, with the sauce, and stir fry until both the vegetables and beef are coated with the sauce and the flavors meld.
Serve the beef and broccoli stir fry immediately over rice.
Don't Miss: Chicken Stir Fry Recipe