Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
This Crockpot beef stew recipe is one of those quick and easy one dish meals
that is perfect for a wholesome family dinner without a lot of fuss. I like browning the beef before putting it in this Crockpot beef stew, but you can skip that step if you're in a hurry. The combination of cola and condensed tomato soup makes a wonderful gravy for this Crockpot beef stew recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 lbs. beef stew meat or chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil or olive oil
- 2 cups soda, such as coca-cola
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 10 oz. package frozen pearl onions
- 2 10-12 oz. containers condensed tomato soup (I recommend Pacific Natural Foods condensed tomato soup)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a gallon-size zipper-sealed plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef stew meat, and toss to coat well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef in batches on all sides (you don't have to cook it, just brown the outside). Transfer beef to the Crockpot.
- Add soda to skillet, scraping up the browned bits off the bottom of the skillet with a spatula (they provide great flavor to your beef stew). Let soda simmer until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Pour over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low 4-6 hours, until the beef is melt-in-your-mouth tender. Note: The newer slow cookers tend to cook much faster than the older ones, so if you have a new slower cooker, check the beef stew at 4 hours to see if it's done.
- Just before serving, taste the beef stew, and adjust the seasonings.