Don't Miss: Broccoli Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 large baking potatoes (such as Yukon Gold or Russet)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 lb. deli roast beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 slices provolone cheese or 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar, provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and prick potatoes several times with a fork. Place on a paper towel, and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers, onions, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- When the potatoes are ready, slice them in half lengthwise, and let the steam escape. Then scoop the potato flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving a 1/2-inch border in the shells all the way around.
- Add the butter, peppers and onion mixture and the deli roast beef to the potato in the mixing bowl. Mix until well-combined. Mound the mixture into the potato skins. Top each stuffed potato with a slice of provolone cheese (or if using shredded cheese, divide the cheese among the stuffed potatoes).
- Bake the stuffed potatoes for 5-8 minutes until warmed through.
Don't Miss: Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe