This is one of my favorite Crockpot recipes for beef brisket. It's so simple, and it tastes terrific. Just be sure to slice the meat against the grain. Slice it the wrong way, and the meat will be tough. Slice it against the grain, and it will be melt-in-your-mouth tender.
Serve this brisket with scalloped potatoes and roasted green beans.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 3 to 4 lb. beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 16 oz. can whole cranberry sauce
- 12 oz. jar chili sauce (such as Heniz)
- Place brisket in the Crockpot. Cut it in half if it is too big to fit. You want it to lie flat.
- Sprinkle dry onion soup mix over brisket.
- Whisk together cranberry sauce and chili sauce. Pour over brisket, covering completely.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Very important: Slice brisket against the grain. If you slice it the wrong way, the meat will be tough. Slice is against the grain, and the meat will melt in your mouth.