Don't Miss: Pizza Recipes the Whole Family Will Enjoy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 29 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 16 oz. loaf French or Italian bread
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced green and red peppers
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup leftover taco meat, roast beef or cooked seasoned beef, such as Trader Joe's frozen carne asada
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice bread in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise. Scoop out the center of the bread, leaving 1/2-inch of the bread shell. Place on a heavy baking sheet, cut side up.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and chili powder. Cook until vegetables are softened, 3-5 minutes. Add black beans and salsa. Spoon mixture onto bread shells.
- Top with cheeses and beef. Bake 8-14 minutes until cheese is melted.
Don't Miss: Chicken Fajita Recipe