White hot chocolate is a sweet and wonderful change of pace from the traditional hot chocolate recipes. Although this recipe calls for milk and cream, feel free to substitute half and half for the cream. It just won't be as rich. I like to serve this recipe garnished with a peppermint stick.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings, white hot chocolate
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup cream (light cream or half and half is okay, too)
- 2 cups whole milk (or 2% milk - not skim)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- whipped cream and peppermint sticks for garnish
- Place the white chocolate chips and cream in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until the white chocolate chips have melted - don't let the mixture boil.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract. Stir until warmed through, being careful not to let the white hot chocolate boil.
- Pour the white hot chocolate into mugs, and garnish with a peppermint stick and/or whipped cream.
Don't Miss: White Chocolate Recipes