Fruit smoothies are an easy - and tasty - way to help your kids get their daily servings of fruits and vegetables. A good smoothie recipe, like this one for berry smoothies, packs in two to three servings of fruits per glass. So drink up!
Don't Miss: Smoothie Recipe of the Day Ecourse (it's free)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups dark sweet frozen cherries (pitted, unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 cup low-fat lemon yogurt
- Place frozen cherries and blueberries in the bottom of a blender, Vita Mix, or food processor, fitted with a metal blade.
- Top with vanilla soy milk.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth. If using a blender, you may have to stop to press the fruit down into the blades in order for it to puree smoothly. Make sure the blender is turned off, and use a long spoon to push the fruit down. Continue blending until all of the fruit is ground up.