These refreshing orange creamsicle smoothies taste just like the ice cream bar, but they're healthy enough to serve for breakfast.
If you want to get that icy, milkshake texture, it's best to freeze the mandarin oranges first. But if you're in a hurry, you can use the oranges right out of the can and just add more ice.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 smoothies
- 1 11 oz. can mandarin oranges in juice
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt or vanilla soy yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- Open can of oranges and drain. Place in a zip-top plastic bag and freeze several hours.
- Place the frozen oranges and pineapple chunks in the bottom of a blender, Vita Mix, or food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed. Puree until the mixture reaches the texture of a milkshake. Add more ice, if desired, until an icy consistency is achieved.
Per serving: 236 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein, 46% vitamin A, 96% vitamin C, 28% calcium, 7% iron
Smoothie RecipesBlueberry Fruit Smoothies
Cherry Vanilla Smoothies
Chocolate Cherry Smoothies
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Fruit Smoothie RecipesCarrot Cake Smoothies
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothies
Berry Fruit Smoothies
Lemon Blueberry Smoothies
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe