Vegetable SmoothiesYou wouldn't think butternut squash could make a kid-friendly smoothie. But these vegetable smoothies are sweet and refreshing. The squash flavor is subtle, resulting in a flavor similar to pumpkin smoothies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 3.5 oz. container baby food butternut squash (such as Gerber stage 2)
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple coconut juice
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla soy milk
- 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or soy yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine the butternut squash and frozen pineapple in a blender, Vita Mix or food processor, fitted with a metal blade.
- Pulse several times.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Puree until smooth. If the pineapple is not pureeing smoothly, stop the blender. Use a spoon to push the pineapple down into the blender blades. Replace the lid and turn on the blender. Puree until smooth.
Makes 2 servings.