These bran muffins are filled with a crunchy apple and walnut filling that is both sweet and spicy. Mace is the secret ingredient that takes these apple bran muffins to a new level.
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. mace
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup bran cereal (such as All Bran)
- 1 cup milk (skim is okay)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss apples, walnuts brown sugar, butter, mace and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Place bran cereal in a large bowl. Pour milk over. Let milk soak up the cereal for 10 minutes.
- Add beaten egg and vegetable oil to bran mixture. Mix well.
- Dump flour into the center of the bran mixture. Sprinkle baking powder over flour. Fold flour mixture into bran mixture until combined, but do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups halfway with bran batter. Top with a teaspoon of the apple mixture. Top with remaining bran batter.
- Bake 22-26 minutes.
Muffins RecipesApple Muffins
Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Streusel
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Cinnamon Donut Muffins
Powdered Sugar Donut Muffins