Don't Miss: Banana Bread Recipes You Will Love
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream (non-fat is okay)
- 3 large bananas
- 18.25 oz. dry spice cake mix (the mix only; don't add anything to it)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs, sour cream and bananas until smooth.
- Add cake mix and beat until blended, but do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- For the banana bread topping, place the remaining ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse 6 to 8 times until combined. Do not overprocess; you still want to see the chopped walnuts. Or just stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over batter in loaf pan, pressing down lightly with your fingers.
- Bake on the middle rack for 1 hour to 1 hour, 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let banana bread cool 10 minutes in pan. Lift out with a large spatula and let cool another 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve banana bread warm or at room temperature with a tall glass of cold milk.
Don't Miss: Banana Muffins Recipe