Banana Bread Recipe with Cinnamon ChipsHow do you make an ordinary banana bread recipe extraordinary? By adding cinnamon chips. If you can't find cinnamon chips, you substitute chocolate chips for the cinnamon chips.
I like making this banana bread in my Baker's Edge brownie pan (compare prices). It bakes much faster, which lets us get to the best part of this banana bread recipe: Eating it!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (compare prices)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a loaf pan or Baker's Edge brownie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, sugar and egg together until well combined. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir until combined (no flour should be visible), but do not overmix.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes if using a loaf pan or 25-30 minutes if using the Baker's Edge pan. The banana bread is ready when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Banana Bread RecipesBanana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Easy Banana Bread Recipe