Although most quick bread recipes call for measuring the dry ingredients separately, then lightly mixing into the wet, I find simply dumping the flour, baking soda and salt on top of the wet ingredients works just as well. The key with this recipe, as well as all quick breads, is to measure the flour carefully. Spoon it into the measuring cup, rather than scooping it. This ensures a more accurate measurement.
Don't Miss: Banana Bread Recipes for All Kinds
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf, banana bread
- 4 very ripe bananas (the blacker the bananas, the better)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan (compare prices) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat bananas and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, oil, vanilla and sour cream.
- Dump remaining ingredients on top of batter in one lump. Mix gently until well-incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
Note: The banana bread will probably develop a crack down the center. That's to be expected. For even baking, rotate the pan in the oven periodically.
Don't Miss: How to Make Banana Bread Step-by-Step