Bisquick Chocolate Chip SconesThese Bisquick scones are dotted with chocolate chips and oatmeal. Even better: They can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2-1/4 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together.
- As the mixture starts to form a dough, use your hands to work it together to form a large ball.
- Sprinkle a cutting board lightly with flour. Turn the dough out onto the cutting board and knead about 10 times.
- Shape the dough into a circle, about 1-inch thick and 8 inches wide. Score the dough into 8 triangles, but do not separate.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.