Cinnamon Donut Muffins Recipe
Donut muffins are like a cross between a muffin and a doughnut. Cinnamon chips give these donut muffins a sweet and subtly spicy zing.
Serve these donut muffins for breakfast, a special snack or afternoon tea.
The batter for these donut muffins freezes well, too. Just store in an airtight container, thaw overnight in the fridge and bake as directed.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 Tbsp. butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Line a regular or mini muffin tin with paper cups or grease with butter.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, beating on low until just mixed in.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir together the milks.
- Stir a quarter of the flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture with a SwitchIt spatula or wooden spoon -- do not use an electric mixer.
- Stir in a third of the milk mixture.
- Continue adding the flour and milk mixtures, alternating, until all is incorporated into the batter.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Fill muffin cups to the top (an ice cream scoop works well for this job). Bake 12-15 minutes or until firm when pressed lightly with your fingers.
Muffins RecipesApple Bran Muffins
Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Streusel
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Cinnamon Donut Muffins
Powdered Sugar Donut Muffins
Pumpkin Bran Muffins