Cornbread RecipeThis cornbread recipe is rich, sweet and creamy. I came up with this recipe when my daughter was growing peppers in her AeroGarden. We had to find a way to use all those mini jalapenos and purple hot peppers!
Serve this cornbread with chili.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 8 oz. box corn bread mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. diced jalapeno or serrano chili peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.