Cranberry Muffin Recipe
These cranberry muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch, a snack or a side dish on a holiday table. If fresh cranberries aren't in season, use frozen.
Although this cranberry muffin recipe is for mini muffins, you can make these regular-size muffins. Just double the baking time. The Demerara sugar is available at most supermarkets. Its larger crystals make it perfect for topping muffins, but if you can't find it, use granulated white sugar.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh cranberries (frozen cranberries work fine; just thaw first)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. Demerara sugar or white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin tin or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss chopped cranberries with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside.
- Cream together remaining sugar and softened butter. Add eggs, sour cream and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just moistened. It's okay if the batter is a bit lumpy.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin until cups are 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool muffins in tins for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 30 to 48 cranberry muffins.
Muffins RecipesApple Bran Muffins
Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Streusel
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Cinnamon Donut Muffins
Powdered Sugar Donut Muffins
Pumpkin Bran Muffins