Sweet Cornbread RecipeThis easy cornbread recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare. But the result is a tender, slightly sweet cornbread that goes perfectly with chili, salad or soup.
Amazingly, this cornbread recipe has no butter or oil. It gets its tenderness from yogurt and honey.
- 2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 6 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the baking mix, cornmeal, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, yogurt and skim milk. Pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix gently, until there are no lumps of flour showing, but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 28-34 minutes, until golden brown.