Indeed, once you learn how to make garlic bread, you can vary the recipe to suit your tastes, adding different seasonings, cheese, and more or less garlic.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 loaf fresh Italian bread
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice Italian bread in half, lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. Spread evenly over both sides of the bread.
- Close the loaf (with the buttered sides facing each other), and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Unwrap (carefully!) and place open-faced on the baking sheet. Bake another 5-7 minutes on the middle rack until golden.