Don't Miss: Pumpkin Breads and Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. mace
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat or non-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, buttermilk, eggs and oil together until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in nuts, if using. Pour pumpkin bread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake pumpkin bread 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Invert pumpkin bread and cool. Serve pumpkin bread with butter, apple butter or a smear of cream cheese.
Don't Miss: Smoothie Recipes the Kids Will Love
Don't Miss: Pumpkin Recipes