Don't Miss: Pumpkin Recipes of All Kinds
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Scones:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Orange Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Cut butter into little chunks. With a pastry blender or two knives, work butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour into flour mixture. Stir until it becomes a soft, crumbly dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly-floured surface and knead several times. Add a tablespoon or two of flour if dough is too sticky.
- Pat dough into an oval, about 1/2-inch thick. Cut into 8 triangles. Place triangles on prepared baking sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes until golden.
- Let scones cool completely.
- Make icing: Stir together powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make an icing you can drizzle over the scones. When scones are completely cool, drizzle with icing.
Don't Miss: Easy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe