Don't Miss: Pumpkin Breads and Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese (low fat is okay)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup milk (skim is okay)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir all-bran cereal and milk together. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil, egg, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar and the brown sugar to the bran mixture.
- Add the pumpkin and sour cream, and stir until well-blended.
- Dump the flour into the middle of the batter, but don't mix yet.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon on top of the flour.
- Now mix until combined, but do not overmix. (See Tips for Baking Muffins for more details on making great muffins.
- Spoon muffin batter into prepared tins, filling three-quarters of the way.
- Top with one tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin tins for 15 minutes. (These pumpkin muffins will be too moist to eat if you don't allow proper cooling time.)
Don't Miss: Pumpkin Recipes