Skillet Cornbread Recipe
A cast iron skillet is the ideal kitchen tool for making skillet cornbread. But if you don't have a cast iron pan, this skillet cornbread recipe can be made in a ceramic baking dish.
Chili is the perfect partner for this skillet corn bread recipe. With a side of guacamole, you have the perfect Tex-Mex meal!
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butter in a 9- or 10-inch cast iron skillet. Heat in the oven 5 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Remove from oven. Pour melted butter into a glass bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk honey, milk and eggs into the butter until well-beaten.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into cast iron skillet. Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the cornbread comes out clean.
Cool and cut into wedges.