Enjoy your garlic bread and some veggies in one dish with this savory recipe. Finely-shredded zucchini, carrots and red pepper are added to traditional garlic bread in this tasty recipe.
- 1 loaf fresh Italian bread or French bread
- 4 Tbsp. softened butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup very finely-diced red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice bread at 1/2-inch intervals, crosswise, leaving the base of the slices attached to the loaf (do not slice all the way through).
- Stir together softened butter and garlic. Spread a thin layer over both sides of each slice of bread.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Spread on top of the garlic butter layer on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes.
- Unwrap. Bake another 5-10 minutes until golden brown.