Don't Miss: Mother's Day Brunch Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Yield: 8 coconut scones
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into small chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Mix flours, oats, coconut, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Set aside 1 Tbsp. of the egg mixture. Pour the remaining egg mixture into the coconut scone batter, mixing with a wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly-floured surface. Shape into an 8-inch round. Brush the top with the reserved egg mixture.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes.
- Whisk together ingredients for lemon glaze, adding more or less lemon juice until the glaze becomes the consistency of honey. Cut scones into 8 wedges. Drizzle lemon glaze over coconut scones.