Cranberry Orange SconesThese cranberry scones are buttery and dense, just the way scones ought to be. I like to make this recipe for cranberry scones for brunches and special occasion breakfasts.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Stir in orange zest.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk egg and buttermilk together. Pour into the flour mixture, using your hands to mix until just combined. Add dried cranberries.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead several times. Shape into an 8-inch round. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on prepared baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes until golden on top.
Scones RecipesCinnamon Scones
Maple Scones Recipe
Double Chocolate Scones
Bisquick Chocolate Chip Scones