Pancakes are every kid's favorite breakfast food, right? These pancake recipes feature a bevy of choices to satisfy every taste, from pumpkin to blueberry to banana and more. But the one thing all of these pancakes have in common is that they're all light and fluffy.
Next time the kids have a sleepover or you want to make a special breakfast or brunch, try one of these recipes:
- Pancake Recipe -- This is my basic, "go to" pancake recipe for light and tender pancakes.
- Blueberry Pancakes -- There's something about having plump and juicy blueberries in pancakes that makes your mouth water. Frozen blueberries work just as well as fresh in this easy pancakes recipe.
- Buttermilk Pancakes -- Buttermilk adds a tangy richness to this pancakes recipe. Top these pancakes with fresh fruit or nuts for a rich and delicious breakfast everyone will enjoy!
- Ricotta Pancakes -- If you've never had ricotta pancakes before, I urge you to give this recipe a try. These pancakes have a texture that is unlike any other kind of pancakes you'll ever make. It's light, almost cloud-like. These pancakes get a burst of citrus flavor from lemon zest in the batter. I like to serve them with blueberry syrup.
- Banana Pancakes -- Fresh sliced bananas taste great in pancakes. Top these banana pancakes with chopped pecans and more sliced bananas.
- Pancakes Recipe with Blueberry Syrup - The homemade blueberry syrup takes these pancakes to the next level. It's sweet and fruity and altogether amazing!
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes -- This is one of my kids' favorite pancake recipes. These pancakes have just a hint of extra sweetness from miniature chocolate chips. I like to serve these pancakes the morning after my kids have sleepovers.
- Pumpkin Pancakes -- Nothing puts me in a fall holiday mood more than pumpkin pie, and this is one of those pancake recipes that can make you feel like you're eating pumpkin pie in the morning. Serve these pancakes for Halloween, Thanksgiving morning or any time you want that warm and spicy taste of fall.
- Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes -- These pancakes are big and fluffy, just like the kind of pancakes you'd find in a great breakfast restaurant. I prefer fresh blueberries for this pancake recipe, but you can use frozen, if you like.
- Pancakes with Caramelized Bananas -- Don't let the gourmet name fool you: These pancakes have kid-friendly written all over them. Fluffy pancakes are topped with a mixture of bananas browned in butter and brown sugar. What could be better?
- Sweet Potato Pancakes -- A southern favorite, these sweet potato pancakes are one of those recipes that's perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning.
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Pancakes -- Coconut and chocolate chips go so beautifully together in these pancakes. The recipe is perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth.
- Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe - Oatmeal in the pancake batter gives these pancakes a nutty, wholesome flavor that goes well with warm maple syrup. If I have time, I like to top these pancakes with toasted pecans. Yum!
- Bisquick Pancake Recipe -- Bisquick is a great starter for quick and easy pancakes. This recipe has a secret ingredient to make the pancakes lighter and fluffier.