Don't Miss: Apple Recipes You Won't Want to Miss
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 apple cider doughnuts
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Apple Cider Doughnuts:
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a donut pan (compare prices) with cooking spray.
- Stir together cinnamon and sugar, and place 2 tsp. of the mixture in the doughnut pan, turning to coat the doughnut cavities evenly.
- Place apple cider in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat. Let apple cider boil until reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Add apple cider, buttermilk, eggs and 2 Tbsp. of the melted butter. With an electric mixer, beat until all of the ingredients are well-incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Spoon apple cider doughnut batter into prepared pan, filling the cavities one-half to two-thirds of the way.
- Bake doughnuts 7-10 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch. Let apple cider doughnuts cool in the pan 5 minutes before removing.
- Dip apple cider doughnuts in remaining melted butter, then in remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
Don't Miss: Apple Dessert Recipes