Cheese Danish Recipe
This cheese danish recipe is super easy to make, because it starts with refrigerated biscuit dough. If you like cooking with organic ingredients, you can use organic refrigerated biscuit dough from Immaculate Bakery for this blueberry cream cheese Danish recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Yield: 8 blueberry cheese danishes
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury or Immaculate Bakery biscuits)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 egg yolk plus 1 tsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. turbinado or demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Gently separate each biscuit into two pieces, by peeling off the top half with your fingers. With your fingers or a rolling pin, flatten each biscuit piece.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture over 8 of the biscuit pieces. Top with about 1 Tbsp. of blueberries. Finish the cream cheese danishes by placing the remaining biscuit pieces on top of the blueberries, gently pinching the edges to seal.
- Whisk egg yolk and water. Spread over blueberry cheese danishes. Sprinkle each danish with turbinado or demerara sugar.
- Transfer blueberry cream cheese danishes to the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden.