I like to use Van's whole grain waffles for this recipe, because they are high in fiber and low in sugar, but use whatever toaster waffles you happen to have on hand. I recommend whipped cream cheese for the filling, because it's easier to mix. But regular cream cheese works fine, too.
Don't Miss: Nutella Waffle Sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 frozen whole grain waffles, such as Vans whole grain waffles
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese or regular cream cheese (low-fat or non-fat is okay)
- 2 Tbsp. ricotta cheese (part-skim is okay)
- 1-2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Toast the waffles according to the package directions.
- While the waffles are toasting, mix the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and powdered sugar together. Start with 1 tablespoon of the sugar, taste, and add more if you prefer a sweeter flavor. For a bright twist, add 1/2 tsp. of freshly-grated lemon zest to this filling. Lemon and blueberries pair beautifully together.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture among the waffles. Top each waffle with some fresh blueberries. Serve immediately.
Don't Miss: Toaster Waffle Recipes