This muesli recipe makes a hearty and healthy breakfast that's perfect for busy mornings. Don't like macadamia nuts or pistachios? Feel free to substitute walnuts, pecans or your favorite nuts for the ones suggested in this homemade muesli recipe. This muesli recipe tastes great with any type of nuts.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 15-20 servings, muesli
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup dried cherries, cranberries or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until the honey dissolves.
- Place the corn flakes, puffed rice, macadamia nuts, pistachios and almonds in a large mixing bowl. Pour the honey mixture over the muesli mixture, and toss to coat well.
- Spread the muesli out in an even layer on a jellyroll pan or a baking sheet with sides (compare prices). Bake 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut, and return to the oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes until the coconut toasts. Watch it carefully - coconut can burn easily.
- Remove the muesli from the oven, and stir in the dried cherries.
Store the muesli in an airtight container for up to two weeks.