Breakfast Casserole RecipeThis breakfast casserole recipe is similar to a strata, with bread cubes, cheese, vegetables and an egg custard mixture. But it is baked in a springform pan, giving this breakfast casserole the shape of a torte. Crushed cornflakes provide the perfect topping for this tasty breakfast casserole.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 French bread baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce
- 6 large eggs
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch springform pan or spray with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red and yellow peppers, onions and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms turn golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place half of the French bread cubes in the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and milk together until smooth. Beat in hot sauce and eggs.
- Stir the remaining bread cubes into the egg mixture. Fold in the vegetables and the cheese. Pour over the bread cubes in the springform pan.
- Combine melted butter and crushed cornflakes. Sprinkle on the breakfast casserole, making a 2-inch border.
- Place breakfast casserole on a baking sheet. Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven 1 hour or until set.
Egg RecipesOmelette Recipe
Breakfast Casserole Torte
Egg Casserole Recipe
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
Hash Brown Casserole
Sausage Potato Frittata Recipe
Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables
Eggs in a Basket Recipe
Hash Brown Frittata
Breakfast Sandwich Recipe