I like to make this breakfast rice pudding for weekends and special occasions and serve it with homemade hot chocolate for a sweet treat the kids love.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 15 oz. can sliced peaches in fruit juice
- 4 cups cold cooked jasmine or basmati rice
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter,melted
- 1/4 cup granola
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch pie plate or 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Drain peaches and chop. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add cold rice, raspberries, evaporated milk and granulated sugar. Stir. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, granola, brown sugar, coconut and walnuts. Sprinkle over rice pudding.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the rice pudding is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned.