These buttermilk pancakes are so light and fluffy, you'll find yourself turning to this recipe again and again. For variety, try adding chocolate chips, nuts, grated orange zest or blueberries to these pancakes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Preheat an electric skillet (compare prices) to 350 degrees F. or heat a griddle over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg and oil together. Whisk wet ingredients into dry, being careful not to overmix
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter on the griddle or skillet. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes. Flip, and cook until golden brown on the other side.
Serve the buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup.
Don't Miss: Chocolate Chip Pancakes