See also: Favorite French Toast Recipes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 slices day-old (slightly stale) challah or Italian bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Place bread in a 9 x 13 baking dish, making sure pieces do not overlap.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla. Pour over bread slices. Turn bread to make sure it is well-coated.
- Heat a griddle (compare prices) or a large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter.
- Place the coated bread slices on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side until lightly browned and cooked through. Serve with sliced strawberries, syrup and powdered sugar, if desired.
See also: How to Make French Toast Video