Don't Miss: Toad in the Hole Video Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat an electric griddle to 350 degrees or heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter on the griddle.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out your favorite shape in the center of each piece of bread.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread, including the cutout pieces, with the remaining butter.
- Place the bread, butter side down on the griddle.
- Break one egg into a small dish. Gently slide it into the hole of one of the bread slices.
- Repeat with the remaining egg and bread slice.
- Cook until the egg is golden on the bottom, a minute or two. Gently flip to cook on the other side, about 1 minute.
- Flip the cutout pieces of toast to cook on the other side until toasted, another minute or so.
Don't Miss: How to Make Scrambled Eggs