Earth Crunch Granola RecipeReprinted with permission from An Alien Robot's Cookbook.
This granola makes a lovely breakfast or snack. This granola also makes a great gift. Just put it in a clear jar with a decorative bow.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup raisins, dried cranberries or dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, oat bran, nuts, coconut and milk powder.
- In another bowl, combine the honey, oil, and water. Gradually add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Spread mixture onto cookie sheet.
- Bake granola for 15. Stir. Bake another 15 minutes. Stir. Bake another 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and pour into a large bowl. Allow granola to cool, and then stir in the dried fruit.