Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham Recipe
See also: Green Eggs and Ham Recipe Video
Could there be a better way to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday than with green eggs and ham?
This green eggs and ham recipe layers prepared pesto over poached eggs and a slice of ham, then puts it all on a toasted English muffin.
Make this green eggs and ham recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner, especially on March 2, Dr. Seuss' birthday!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 English muffins
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Toast English muffins. Set aside.
- Fill a wide, shallow saucepan or skillet with 2 to 3 inches of water. Add the vinegar. Bring to a fast simmer over medium heat (180 degrees as measured by an instant-read thermometer).
- Crack the eggs into individual bowls or ramekins. If the yolks break, discard that egg or use it for something else.
- Gently slide the eggs into the water. Let the eggs cook for 2-4 minutes (2 minutes for eggs with runny yolks, 4 minutes for eggs with yolks that are set).
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon. Gently blot dry with a paper towel.
- Place a slice of Canadian bacon on four English muffin halves. Top with a poached egg. Spoon a tablespoon of pesto over each egg.