Don't Miss: 5 Favorite Oatmeal Recipes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3-1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick cooking or regular)
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar (or more to taste)
- Bring milk and salt to boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oats. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until most of the milk is absorbed. This will take about 5 minutes for regular oatmeal, about 1 minute for quick-cooking oatmeal.
- Spoon the oatmeal into 3-4 serving bowls. Top oatmeal with sliced bananas, walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar. Serve immediately.
Don't Miss: 17 Oatmeal Topping Ideas