Oatmeal RecipeOatmeal is one of the healthiest, most satisfying breakfasts around. And this oatmeal recipe is one of my favorite ways to enjoy oatmeal. I think the bananas and cranberries add a lot of sweetness to this oatmeal recipe, so I don't add too much brown sugar. But if you prefer a sweeter taste, feel free to add more sugar to this recipe for oatmeal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3-1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups rolled oats (quick cooking or regular)
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar (or more to taste)
- Bring milk and salt to boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oats. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until most of the milk is absorbed. This will take about 5 minutes for regular oatmeal, about 1 minute for quick-cooking oatmeal.
- Spoon the oatmeal into 3-4 serving bowls. Top oatmeal with sliced bananas, walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar. Serve immediately.
Oatmeal RecipesOatmeal with Cinnamon Chips and Bananas
Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe
Peach Oatmeal Recipe
Crockpot Oatmeal with Apples and Honey
Oatmeal with Bananas, Cranberries and Brown Sugar
Oatmeal with Nutella